We support diversity in musical expression and welcome the contributions of musicians and singers of all ages regardless of their level of musical skill. All musical selections are tied to the liturgical calendar and reflect both traditional and modern selections.
Trinity Parish Choir
The Trinity Parish Choir is an intergenerational choir of adults and teens that leads the 9:00 (Blended) and 11:15 (Traditional) worship services on Sunday morning, as well as special services such as Choral Evensong and Advent Lessons & Carols. The choir is comprised of dedicated volunteers and professional singers who are committed to using their God-given talents to strive for choral excellence and musical leadership in a broad range of repertoire. Rehearsals are held on Thursdays from 6:00-8:00 in Hindry Hall.
Members of the Children’s Choir are drawn from those who participate regularly in Children’s Church. This group sings at the 9:00 AM service the second Sunday of each month during the choir season.
Instrumental and Vocal Solos
Although congregational singing led by organ, keyboard, guitar, and choir forms the foundation of our worship music, instrumental and vocal soloists participate regularly in our worship offering selections as preludes, postludes, and music at communion, as well as accompaniment to choir anthems and hymns.
Annual Organ Concert
Each fall, Trinity hosts an organ concert that has featured world renowned organists Peter Richard Conte, Marilyn Keiser, Frederick Swann, Ken Cowan, Olivier Latry, Jane Parker-Smith, Erik Suter and Janette Fishell. This annual concert is a primary way of funding the upkeep of this historic instrument and financial support is greatly appreciated in maintaining our organ. Become a sponsor today and be sure to specify that your donation is for the Organ Concert.
Archangel – $500 sponsorship
Angel – $250 sponsorship
Saint – $150 sponsorship
Seraphim – $100 sponsorship
Cherubim – $50 sponsorship
Trinity’s organ is a 3 manual, 91 rank Aeolian-Skinner (Opus 1482) hybrid pipe and digital organ. It was installed in 1967 and restored in 1999. The organ has a magnificent full sound and versatile color than can be used for many styles of play from French to Baroque
The History of Organs at Trinity
Historical records indicate that Trinity Church has had an organ since at least 1857 when an organ built by Henry Erben of New York was installed. Earlier organs probably existed at Trinity, but nothing is known about them. The organ was taken down for construction in 1902 and rebuilt afterwards, adding a rank of 8′ diapason pipes. Further details of this instrument are unknown.
In the fall of 1914, a new Austin Organ of three manuals and 22 ranks, Opus 504, was installed as a memorial to Junius T. Smith, given by his wife, Laura W. Smith. It served well for 53 years, but termites, water damage and changing musical tastes finally rendered it unfit for further use, and in 1965 an organ committee was appointed by the Vestry to research and recommend a new organ.
The organ committee determined that the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company of Boston, Massachusetts, made the finest organs at the time and recommended them as the builder. Aeolian-Skinner built outstanding organs for the Mormon Tabernacle, Salt Lake City; Grace Cathedral, San Francisco; The Riverside Church, St. Thomas Church, and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, all in New York. After a congregational vote, a three manual organ of 41 ranks (2,349 pipes) was ordered in the summer of 1966. The new organ was installed in the fall of 1967 and dedicated on November 5, 1967. After thirty years of use and Florida humidity the instrument showed signs of wear and extensive repairs needed to be made. The organ was partially restored during the 1990’s. As part of the restoration, the organ was cleaned, the console restored, and several sets of pipes rebuilt and replaced. At that time a number of artificial (digital) voices were also added.